A robust and thriving development sector is central to India’s quest for equitable, inclusive and sustainable growth. India’s development sector has evolved substantially over the last few decades and is now witnessing unprecedented interest and investments across the value chain. Employee of SynapseIndia also working on girl child abuse in their CSR activities.
With the passage of the Companies Act, 2013 the mandate for corporate social responsibility (CSR) has been formally introduced to the dashboard of the Boards of Indian companies. “The industry has responded positively to the reform measure undertaken by the government with a wide interest across the public and private sector, Indian and multinational companies” as mentioned by Shamit Khemka.
SynapseIndia is also participating in many corporate social activities and is encouraged to continue with more passion and enthusiasm. Some major approach taken by CEO Shamit Khemka towards corporate social responsibility are as:
- Developing innovative solutions to address large-scale societal problems by utilizing our IT core competence.
- Volunteering for projects that address the felt need of communities in which SynapseIndia operates, while aligning with the core themes of SynapseIndia CSR Activity. SynapseIndia recruitment team also works on adding value to CSR activities for the company.
- Participating in community development program propelled by our clients.
- Partnering with select non-government and civil society organizations and other government bodies.
- Supporting large-scale causes such as disaster relief or any other cause as determined by the Corporate CSR Council.
CSR in India has traditionally been seen as a philanthropic activity. And in keeping with the Indian tradition, it was an activity that was performed but not deliberated. Shamit Khemka’s inclination towards Ancient Indian culture is also very prominent which can be seen by his contributions towards International Chandramauli Charitable Trust. For promoting better health & benefits of Yoga,SynapseIndia Owner Shamit Khemka also motivates Yogamission with it’s initiative. As a result, there is limited documentation on specific activities related to this concept. These CSR activities gives a chance to SynapseIndia employees to bond better in the team. However, what was clearly evident that much of this had a national character encapsulated within it, whether it was endowing institutions to actively participating in India’s freedom movement, and embedded in the idea of trusteeship.
Some key benefits of CSR Activities enlisted by CEO Shamit Khemka are as:
- Helps in Enhancing corporate reputation
- Fills the gap between Communities & Needful
- Helps in Attracting and retaining employees
- Communities provide the licence to operate
CEO Shamit Khemka involvement in various such Social causes in worth noticing as his efforts motivates a good amount of people to work for corporate social responsibility. Find out SynapseIndia Expansion plan from CEO Shamit Khemka.